anieva

I Like Books

I like to read, write and talk about writing.

Midnight in Austenland: A Novel
Shannon Hale
Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections between Sexuality and Spirituality
Rob Bell

He is Just Not That Into You

He's Just Not That Into You:  The No-excuses Truth to Understanding Guys - Greg Behrendt I never read relationship help books like this, so I was really happily surprised to find this was gold. All the psychiatrists in the world wouldn't give such good advice. It's like someone extracted all the common sense from all the most sensible and sensitive women who ever lived and put it in concentrated form in this book.

And, even better the authors are totally upfront that they are comedic writers and not experts. They're people and that's why they know. I was cynical and thought they were just out to make money and a product. But this book is actually really useful and needed to be shared. It's great that they add that, of course, everyone's different and has to make their own decisions.

It was a surprising read that didn't pretend to be more than it is. And, I have to admit, it actually seems like the authors care about the topic and women. I'm pretty cynical, but maybe I've been taken in. Still, it was fun to read and its message bears consideration.